Working at a pharmacy is a rewarding, but stressful experience. A pharmacist does more work than just counting the pills and filling the bottle. He has to manage the pressure from both the doctors and patients and provide them with an appropriate drug.
Though there are many options for pharmacist jobs opportunity, one must acquire the required skills to crack the interview. Check below the list of skills one must possess to work in a pharmaceutical industry.
- Communication Skills: A pharmacist must have excellent communication skills to professionally deal with the doctors and to make the patients understand in layman terms. He must communicate on both the ends effectively irrespective of other factors of diversity. The pharmacist must not even have language barriers to communicate with the patients.
- Good Memory: This is must for any pharmacist as he or she must recall hundreds of drugs, their side effects and their interactions. Whenever a doctor prescribes a medicine to a patient, it is the pharmacist who explains about the drug to the patient. If the pharmacist is unaware of the drug information, he cannot explain it to the patient who might even cause serious issues in the long run.
- Analytical Skills: Analytical skills help the pharmacist to arrive at conclusions quickly based on the information provided by the patients and the doctor. Also, it helps them to come up with great alternative solutions at times.
- Counselling Skills: At times, the pharmacist has to explain to the patients about the drugs prescribed by the doctor, how it interacts and at what time to take the prescribed medicines. They act as educators for the patient and make them understand how this medication helps to cure their disease.
- Computer Skills: A good pharmacist has to possess good computer skills. These computer skills help him to take new orders, analyse the new drug information, and make sure the billing process is going on in the right manner and many other tasks.
Hope this article helped you understand the basic skills required for a pharmacist. Apart from the 5 pointers mentioned above, you need to possess many other qualities to grab a pharmacist jobs opportunity. If you are lacking any of the above qualities start practising it right from today. All the Best!!